Enjoy an unforgettable holiday in the mountains in St. Sebastian-Mitterbach. Relax and recuperate in our self-catering, detached holiday home with its own spacious garden close to the famous pilgrim town of Mariazell.
St. Sebastian is situated in the very north of Styria (Steiermark). The altitude ranges from 800m above sea level at the Erlauf lake (Erlaufsee) to 1,635m above sea level at the top of the Zellerhut mountain. St. Sebastian village has 1,020 inhabitants and the area offers a wide range of sporting and recreational activities. Surrounded by woodland, the air is fresh, clean and oxygen-rich. The Erlauf lake with its crystal clear water (drinking quality) has a beach and lawn for sunbathing and there are more than 200km of hiking trails to enjoy.
A few of the many attractions that the area has to offer:
- Gemeindealpe (10 minutes' walk from house to valley station) for hiking, skiing, paragliding etc.)
- Erlauf lake (Erlaufsee)
- Ötscher and Ötscher gorge (Austria's Grand Canyon!)
- Mariazell, a famous pilgrim town, with its unique 850-year old basilica
- A wide variety of walking and hiking paths including the Via Sacra pilgrim's route
- Mariazeller light railway running between St. Pölten and Mariazell. Nearest station Mitterbach/Erlaufsee just 5 minutes' walk from the house